Life of Fred - Intermediate Mathematics: Mineshaft
Life of Fred Intermediate is specially designed for students who are not yet 10 years of age but have finished the Elementary Series. This series is also is excellent for those who are in 5th or 6th Grade who are struggling with math or are switching from any other math curriculum.
We highly recommend that students in the 5th and 6th grade complete these three books before starting Life of Fred Fractions. Since Life of Fred presents math using a completely different approach, it can be beneficial for many students to back up a bit and review some of the concepts they have already covered. This helps them to get comfortable with this learning approach without them finding it too challenging. It will also give them practice with word problems which many students struggle with.
You are ready to start Life of Fred Intermediate when...
1. You can add and subtract
2. You have an understanding of multiplication and division
3. You have finished Life of Fred Ice Cream
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire Elementary Series followed by the Intermediate Series.
This book covers intermediate mathematics including . . .
- Milligrams and Pounds
- Rounding Numbers
- Three-eights of 19,416
- Is a Quart less than (<) a Duck?
- What to Do with Eleven Hours of Free Time Each Day
- Six Is What Fraction of 24?
- Post Meridiem
- Extending the Domain of a Function
- Perpendicular Lines
- Can a Four-sided Figure Have Exactly Three Right Angles?
- Cardinality of Sets
- Inverse Operations
- the Largest Cardinal Number Isn't Six
- Ounces, Gills, and Pints
- 30% of 270
- Division by 100
- Subtracting 3 oz. From 4 lbs. 2 oz.
- Subtracting 7 Minutes 25 Seconds from 20 Minutes 10 Seconds
- Subtracting 2 Gallons 1 Quart from 4 Gallons
- Chords of a Circle
- Three Definitions of Diameter
- Subtracting 40 Feet from 9 Miles
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversions
- Does x < y Imply y > x?
- Converting 39 Inches into Feet
- Finding the Sale Price after Taking 40% Off
- the Image of an Element in the Domain of a Function
- 63°F = 17 2/9°C
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• A Trillion Pounds of Rice to Cuba
• the Number of Stars in a Typical Galaxy
• What Piece of Leather Made Feudalism Possible
• Silent Letters
• Most Horses Achieve Few Outstanding Things in Life
• the Reason to Learn the Greek Alphabet
• Square Knots
• How Concrete Is Different than Cement
• Prolix vs. Laconic
• Freedom vs. Liberty
• Italicizing Book Titles
• Broiling vs. Pan Frying
• Freud, Skinner, and Maslow
• the Four Types of Sentences
• Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
• Steak for One-year-olds
• Questions People Have at Different Stages in Life
• Why You Won't Bump into Moby Dick in Kansas
• Indications Your Daughter Will Become an English Major
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Mineshaft is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Mineshaft contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend