Life of Fred - Intermediate Mathematics: Liver
Life of Fred Intermediate is specially designed for students who are not yet 10 years of age but have finished the Elementary Series. This series is also is excellent for those who are in 5th or 6th Grade who are struggling with math or are switching from any other math curriculum.
We highly recommend that students in the 5th and 6th grade complete these three books before starting Life of Fred Fractions. Since Life of Fred presents math using a completely different approach, it can be beneficial for many students to back up a bit and review some of the concepts they have already covered. This helps them to get comfortable with this learning approach without them finding it too challenging. It will also give them practice with word problems which many students struggle with.
You are ready to start Life of Fred Intermediate when...
1. You can add and subtract
2. You have an understanding of multiplication and division
3. You have finished Life of Fred Ice Cream
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire Elementary Series followed by the Intermediate Series.
This book covers intermediate mathematics including . . .
- 1/4 + 1/4 +1/4 = 3/4
- Elapsed Time
- The Three Angles of a Triangle Always Add to 180°
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Finding Two-fifths of $400,000
- Solving 2x - 7 = 11
- Pie Charts
- Six-sevenths of 413
- Short Division
- Secant Lines
- Changing Percents to Fractions — 68 Completely Worked out Examples
- Computing 2% of 550
- Functions, Domains, and Codomains
- Reducing Fractions
- Finding an Average.
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• What to Pack for Camp
• Why Blowing Your Nose and Wiping Your Eyes Is Not Commutative
• I.e., E.g., Viz.
• The Two Rules of Survival
• Passing the SAT Exam
• What Can Go Wrong with a Lifetime Guarantee
• How To Be a Business Success
• Ordering Tjvjik, Ghapama and Satsivi at a Restaurant
• Being a Hepatologist
• What Livers Do
• The Difference Between Saturnalia and Saturnine
• The Drawbacks of Multitasking
• Extradural Hemorrhage
• Four Drawbacks to Fred Living in a Castle in Germany
• Verbs Often Used by People in Various Occupations
• Treble and Bass Clefs
• Electrical Use by U.S. Farms in 1925
• How to Win at Bridge
• How to Have People like You
• Who Is Not Harmed by Watching Television All Day Long
• The Difference Between Graffito and Graffiti
• Pet Names Are Different than Names for Pets
• How Not to Work Out in a Gym Weight Room
• Brain Chatter and the Uses of Silence
• The First Step in Producing Great Art
• What Three Units of a College Class Means
• Reasonable Answers
• The One Purpose of Great Universities
• The Masthead of a Newspaper
• Forming the Possessive of Words That End in S
• Four Things That Are Important to Learn Earlier in Life
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Liver is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student or done independently.
Life of Fred Liver contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend