Life of Fred - Elementary Mathematics: Ice Cream
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- The Big Question in Arithmetic
- Multiplying Two-digit Numbers
- A Pound of Hamburger Weighs More Than a Pound of Gold
- The Last Ten Multiplication Facts
- How to Remember 7X8 = 56
- Sigma Notation
- Subtracting 12 oz. from 15 lbs.
- Bar Graph
- Ordered Pairs
- Elapsed Time
- First and Second Coordinates
- Why Algebra Does Not Use the Times Sign (X)
- The Cardinality of the Set of All Ice Cream Flavors that Begin with the Letter Alpha
- Minutes and Hours in the Metric System
- Plotting Points on a Graph
- The One Reason for Mathematics
- Hooke's Law
- Slope of a Line
- Estimating Using Graphs
- Changing the Scale on a Graph
- Counting Back Change
- The Commutativity of Set Union
- Less Than ()
- Area of a Rectangle.
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
One Use of Poetry
Stationery vs. Stationary
Forestland in the United States
Business Letters vs. Personal Letters
Capitalization in Closing Salutations
Using Honey Cards
How to Polish Leather Shoes
Maps as Seen by Artists, War Historians, Mathematicians, Lovers of Cheese, and Literature Historians
A Poetical Meaning for the Land of Milk and Honey
Finding Cyprus on a Map
Implicit vs. Explicit
The Two Major Countries on the Iberian Peninsula
Why You Can't Find an Ibex in Kansas
How to Have Ice in the Summer in Kansas in 1843
Improper Use of Seat Belts
Why You Shouldn't Park on the Sidewalk
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni's Painting
When Eating Ice Cream Can Be Torture
Liberty vs. Freedom
Why Use Soap
What You Can Do If You Have Tons of Casual Cash (the answer: buy graph paper)
Joe's Stomach Has Only Finite Capacity
Why Brass Braces Are Better Than Regular Braces
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Ice Cream is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Ice Cream contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend