Life of Fred - Elementary Mathematics: Honey
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- Commutative Law of Multiplication
- Closed Under Addition
- Quarter of an Hour
- Cardinal Numbers
- d = rt
- One Trillion
- 1Ã‚½ + 1Ã‚½
- Is This a Function?
- Long Division
- Dividing 56382 by 3
- Changing 82614 feet into Yards
- Three Reasons to Learn Long Division (Even Though Calculators Exist)
- 36 Quarters Equals How Many Dollars?
- The Fur Times Table
- A Disadvantage to Being Married to a Calculator
- The Guess-a-Function Game
- Hexagons and Octagons
- The Big Question in Arithmetic#8212;Do I Add, Subtract, Multiply, or Divide?
- Division by Two-digit Numbers
- 7xyz + 8xyz
- Slope of a Line
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
A Real Education Is Both Broad and Deep
Thirty-six Shades of Blue
Having a Job that Matters
Time Zones in the U.S.
The Milky Way
Protons in the Observable Universe
Periodic Table of the Elements
Varieties of Houses
Mysteries in Life
Why English Teachers Have It Rougher Than Math Teachers
What Happens When You Squeeze Your Toothpaste Tube Four Times Harder Than Normal
Reading Graham Greene's The Heart of the Matter in German
A Balance in Life
Four Answers to Where Honey Comes From
Four Answers to Where Do Bees Live
Why Bees Don't Make Honeycombs in the Shape of Squares
Smelting Iron Ore
What You Add to Iron to Make Steel
Buying Flash Cards vs. Making Them
How Far the Netherlands Is from Holland
Becoming an Apiarist
Farther vs. Further
Checklist for Starting a Business
Penciling out a Proposed Business
Why Not to Become a Typewriter Manufacturer
The Drawbacks to Ignoring Reality
Why Fred Can't Get a Credit Card
Looking Back at Mistakes We Have Made in Life
The Past Tense of mimic
What Magic Really Means
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Honey is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Honey contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend