Life of Fred - Elementary Mathematics: Honey
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- Commutative Law of Multiplication
- Closed Under Addition
- Quarter of an Hour
- Cardinal Numbers
- d = rt
- One Trillion
- 1½ + 1½
- Is This a Function?
- Long Division
- Dividing 56382 by 3
- Changing 82614 feet into Yards
- Three Reasons to Learn Long Division (Even Though Calculators Exist)
- 36 Quarters Equals How Many Dollars?
- The Fur Times Table
- A Disadvantage to Being Married to a Calculator
- The Guess-a-Function Game
- Hexagons and Octagons
- The Big Question in Arithmetic#8212;Do I Add, Subtract, Multiply, or Divide?
- Division by Two-digit Numbers
- 7xyz + 8xyz
- Slope of a Line
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• A Real Education Is Both Broad and Deep
• Thirty-six Shades of Blue
• Having a Job that Matters
• Developing Character
• Time Zones in the U.S.
• The Milky Way
• Protons in the Observable Universe
• Periodic Table of the Elements
• Varieties of Houses
• Mysteries in Life
• Hip Fractures
• Why English Teachers Have It Rougher Than Math Teachers
• What Happens When You Squeeze Your Toothpaste Tube Four Times Harder Than Normal
• Reading Graham Greene's The Heart of the Matter in German
• A Balance in Life
• Four Answers to Where Honey Comes From
• Four Answers to Where Do Bees Live
• Why Bees Don't Make Honeycombs in the Shape of Squares
• Smelting Iron Ore
• What You Add to Iron to Make Steel
• Buying Flash Cards vs. Making Them
• How Far the Netherlands Is from Holland
• Becoming an Apiarist
• Farther vs. Further
• Checklist for Starting a Business
• Penciling out a Proposed Business
• Why Not to Become a Typewriter Manufacturer
• The Drawbacks to Ignoring Reality
• Why Fred Can't Get a Credit Card
• Looking Back at Mistakes We Have Made in Life
• The Past Tense of mimic
• What Magic Really Means
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Honey is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Honey contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend