Life of Fred - Elementary Mathematics: Goldfish
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- Drawing Things to Scale
- Digits in a Number
- the Whole Point of Math
- Definition of an Acre
- Meters vs. Yards
- Kilograms vs. Pounds
- Area of a Rectangle
- Cubic Feet into Gallons
- Gallons of Water into Pounds
- Multiplying by Ten, Hundred, and Thousand
- One Ton = 2000 lbs.
- Decimal Point
- Estimating Sums
- Practicing the Metric System with Dental Floss
- Bar Graphs
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Tulip Mania
• Being Pardoned Before Being Tried in 1974
• What Is Rarely on a Doll's Christmas List
• Don't Wave Your Money Around
• the Advanced Form of the Game of Which of These Is Not Like the Others
• Keeping Your Word
• Picking Your Friends and Your Spouse
• a Crocodile Smile
• What to Remember If You Smoke
• Comparative Forms of Adjectives
• Superlative Forms of Adjectives
• a Waning Moon
• People's Life Goals Are Different than Fish's Life Goals
• What Gets Venerated
• Four Countries That Are Nations of Immigrants
• How to Deal with a Duck Who Never Tells the Truth
• Lacrimal Glands
• Living in a City vs. Living in the Country
• Volume of a Fish Tank
• Anthropomorphizing Fish
• Plastic Aquarium Plants Don't Die
• Drawbacks to 180-gallon Fish Tanks
• Physical Work vs. Mental Work
• Tragedy of the Commons
• A Fish in a Tank vs. Coalback in Jail
• Talking to Your Goldfish
• Kingie's Favorite Composers
• Purchasing Foreign Products
• Protein and Calcium for Growth
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Goldfish is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Goldfish contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend