Life of Fred - Elementary Mathematics: Edgewood
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
- Concurrent Lines
- Parallel Lines
- Right Angles
- Constant Functions
- Median Average
- Writing Larger Numbers with Commas
- Using Logarithms to Solve 2x = 5
- Birdie Rule for Logarithms
- Finding Approximate values for log 5 on a Calculator
- Bar Graphs
- Math Poems
- Greater Than >
- Numbers that Add to 8, 10, and 12
- State Income Tax Rates as Percents
- Rows and Columns of a Matrix
- Quarter of an Hour
- Half Dozen
- The Addition Game Using Playing Cards
- Playing Guess-A-Function
- Six Examples of Functions: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Tangent, and Derivative
- What It Means to Matriculate
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Dangling participles
• Christina Rossetti's "A Chill"
• Dealing with Troubles
• Facing Things You Don't Want to Do
• Couplets in Poetry
• Strait does not mean Straight
• Judging People by their Size
• If Fred Were an Author
• Population of the Earth
• Definition of Polka Dots
• the Four Kinds of Sentences: Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative, and Exclamation
• Importance of Seat Belts
• Small, Medium, and Large Mistakes
• Busted vs. Broken
• Gibbous Moons
• Two Kinds of Knowledge Errors
• Firearm Safety
• Symptoms of Hypothermia
• Voluntary and Involuntary Actions of the Body
• Lorentz Contraction
• International Date Line
• Treatment of Hypothermia
• Alright Is Not a Word
• One Way to Feel Lonely
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Edgewood is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Edgewood contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
(description c/o the Life of Fred website)
We Also Recommend