BJU DLO Curriculum Bundle / Grade 8 / DepEd
About Distance Learning Online
Distance Learning Online is homeschooling made easy. When you enroll your child in BJU Press’s online Distance Learning program, he can learn anytime, anywhere. All he needs is a computer and a high-speed internet connection, and he is ready to go. The student login allows access to engaging video lessons taught by expert teachers, online assessments (grades 5–12), progress-tracking features, and more. The best part is although you as a parent can log in and view your child’s progress and grades at any time, you are free to keep up with the rest of life.
BJU DLO - DepEd
- Writing & Grammar 8 reviews the parts of speech and sentence patterns while giving special attention to the usage of correct grammatical elements.
- Excursions in Literature presents a biblical perspective on six major themes—friends, choices, heroes, discoveries, adventurers, and viewpoints.
- Pre-Algebra furthers math understanding by delving into number theory and integers, opening the world of negative numbers and algebraic expressions.
- Earth Science affirms the young-earth Creationary view of the earth’s history and rejects the uniformitarian/evolutionary models pervading our culture.
- Bible 8 Bible Truths B: Portraits from the Old Testament begins with Creation and explores the times and people before the Flood. The study continues with the life of Moses and the events leading to the claiming of the Promised Land. The ancient Jewish kingdoms are presented, culminating with their downfall and eventual captivity.
- Vocabulary Vocabulary: Level B continues to build vocabulary, focusing on the study of Latin root words and presenting new vocabulary in word families that share a prefix, root, or suffix. The worktext provides many reinforcement exercises to help students retain vocabulary words.
- Algebra 1 Help develop your teenager’s thinking skills with the Algebra 1 Distance Learning course from BJU Press. Algebra 1 provides the thinking skills and experience required for further education and future careers. Engaging lessons introduce basic algebraic skills in a logical order, including relations, functions, graphing, systems of equations, radicals, factoring polynomials, rational equations, probability and statistics, and quadratic functions. It also presents algebra as an important tool that your teen can use in exercising dominion over the earth as God commanded.
- Biology The goal of biology is to teach scientific content and method and the biblical principles necessary to interpret and apply this knowledge in a God-honoring way. Students will learn cell biology, genetics, the history of life, taxonomy, microbiology, botany, zoology, ecology, and human anatomy and physiology. Current issues such as abortion, stem cell research, biotechnology, euthanasia, environmentalism, genetic engineering, AIDS, and cancer will also be discussed. About 20% of class time is spent in lab activities, such as demonstrations, dissections, and experiments.
When you purchase the Grade 8. Distance Learning Online Kit, you receive:
Online Teachers Materials, Teaching Videos w/ Mom's Minutes, Answer Keys and Printables.
Comes with printed Student Worktext.
For DepEd Accreditation comes with Local books
Kalinanngan 8 (TB)
Breaking Through Science 8 (TB)Asian Identity in the Global World (TB)
We Also Recommend