LIFEPAC Speech: Essentials of Communication
Now available for pre-orders. Dispatching tentatively begins on 18 September 2020, subject to lockdown conditions.
Give your student the power to communicate clearly! With LIFEPAC Speech: Essentials of Communication for grades 9-12, your child will study necessary skills to communicate effectively in personal, professional, and public settings. This one-semester Alpha Omega curriculum comes with five colorful worktexts and a helpful teacher's guide.
Does your child have difficulty communicating? Is he hesitant to try public speaking and interviewing? Now you can eliminate his anxiety and give him the confidence he needs to communicate effectively! How? Just use LIFEPAC Speech: Essentials of Communication for grades 9-12. This clear, step-by-step elective will help guide your student through techniques and advice for improving communication skills. Divided into five easy-to-do worktexts, this one-semester course will show your student how to successfully interact with others in various environments. Sound like a great investment? It really is—this course helps teach skills your student will use for the rest of his life! Topics covered in this Alpha Omega curriculum include language characteristics, group dynamics, interpersonal relationships, and public speaking.
But there's more. To help parents, LIFEPAC Speech: Essentials of Communication comes with a handy teacher's guide complete with teaching tips, objectives, answer keys, and additional enriching activities. And your child will learn quality, Bible-based lessons which are made for personalized instruction. Integrated subject material and consistent reviews ensure your student will master concepts too!
SPEECH: ESSENTIALS OF COMMUNICATION (1 semester)
SCOPE AND SEQUENCE
Unit 1 - COMMUNICATION FOUNDATIONS
• Types of effective communication
• The influence of perception on communication
• Self concept and communication competence
Unit 2 - LANGUAGE CHARACTERISTICS
• The social function of language
• The purpose and types of nonverbal communication
• Listening process and styles
Unit 3 - INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
• Types and stages of interpersonal relationships
• Using conversation for interpersonal communication
• Communication etiquette
• Preparing for an interview
Unit 4 - GROUP COMMUNICATION
• Types of group communication
• Factors that impact group dynamics
• Recognizing and evaluating group leadership
Unit 5 - PUBLIC MESSAGES
• Preparing a speech
• Using research and materials for an effective speech
• Using notes and outlines to organize speeches
• Delivering and evaluating speeches
We Also Recommend