1. Heritage Studies 1 introduces your child to fundamental concepts related to geography, economics, and culture, within the context of American history from pre-Columbus days through the time of the Pilgrims in 1682.Phonics and English 1 directs your student in his continuing development of understanding word meanings and communicating effectively.
2. Spelling 1 uses the recall-study-recall-study-recall learning method to teach word structure to your first grader.
3. Math 1 places an emphasis on understanding mathematical concepts through the study of manipulatives while touching on the abstract.
4. Science 1 gives the student an understanding of the concepts of gravity, force, plants, states of matter, animals, teeth, sound, and weather.
5. Bible Truths 1 A Father’s Care introduces Bible truths through familiar Bible characters who are presented chronologically in a study of the Old and New Testaments. Dramatic segments, application stories that reveal God’s character, various hands-on activities, and visuals reinforce the child’s learning experience.
6. Reading 1 introduces fun stories, poems, and informational texts that reveal more about God's creation. Reading 1 adds to your second grader's comprehension and moral lessons.